expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 23 September 2013

How to find your friends on Twitter


 By the way, the desire arrangement ( may develop ) my μbloga identi.ca appeared age-old problem : how to find friends on identi.ca ( in general : the site mikroblogowym ) ? After a moment's thought, I found that the easiest way to find friends is to browse the friends of my friends. Since I know the A and A knows B, is a relatively good chance that I know B and I want to add it to your watchlist . Similarly theme - people tend to watch people with similar interests .
The simplest variant , manual , it's opening a browser open all the friends profiles in the cards , then for each profile open all observed . In theory, good practice quickly would make a few / several hundred cards , in addition to recurring profiles. Not the way to go .
Because identi.ca has APIs that I decided to see if you can not easily help themselves script . It turned out that a Perl module is to support identi.ca API called Net :: Identica . In fact, identi.ca and Twitter API is identical ( to Twitter 's Net :: Twitter ), but I found that I add a dedicated module in the system . Although not in the Debian repository , but relatively easy to build ( depending upon fulfillment ) using dh- perl- make.UPDATE : Eventually , however, I use Net :: Twitter.
Because I think the question is how to find your friends on Twitter ( or on identi.ca ) ask themselves a lot of people , I decided to publish the script , it may be useful to someone . The script should be given ID mplayer from which to begin the search , login and password. I do not recommend to change the level of exploration depth (the default is friends of friends ) .
The algorithm is simple: until it reaches a specified level of depth ( default 2 or friends of friends ) , it will retrieve all user IDs that are friends of the current user and adds them to the test . The user designates as checked checked ( and it will not be checked again) . We begin with the specified user ID ( presumably his own ) .
In fact, that's all. At the end of the fetch and display all meeting ID , which we do not have friends already in the basic data - name , a link to the profile, description , etc. - quite enough to determine if you want to add a person to watch it or not. Bonusowo user ID that is the end of the shortest ( one of the shortest ) path to nowopoznanej person.
During appeared small problem - friends of friends were over 3k . I assumed that there is an error in the script , but upon closer inspection it turned out , that should be rms (yes, Richard M. Stallman ), which is what so many people . On such occasions has been added Blacklist - there is enough to give the user ID whose friends do not want to check ( in general) .
At the end of the script will display a basic data like enough for me to zorienotwać if you want to add someone to your watchlist . Basically, there is nothing to prevent the add them ( by ID ) script , but I prefer to go to a profile and see first what they write (yes , this means that you probably will soon benefit from more intensive identi.ca at the expense of Blip ) .
Script below. By the way, it might be a way to nieirytujące posting code on Blox ...
UPDATE : I do not really want to work urls , I went on the Net :: Twitter and zamieszcam revised version .
UPDATE 2 : It's in the comments , but not all reach : How to find the user ID on Twitter? User ID on Twitter ( on Identi.ca or ) is contained in the user's feed feedzie .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment put a smile on my face
Każdy komentarz wywołuje uśmiech na mojej twarzy